Vedic Astrology Lessons: Featured Article
About Vedic Astrology and Astrology Lessons
About Vedic astrologyalso known as Indian astrology or Vedanga is a branch of science that looks at the movements of the celestial bodies and its impact on one’s life. In fact, Astrology is one of the deepest, oldest and utmost sciences in the world.
History acknowledges the presence of astrologers in Babylonia 3000 BC. There is also ample proof of the presence and usage of astrology in India even before 3000BC. The term Vedanga includes the word Veda, implying that astrology is an integral part of the Vedas. The translation of Vedanga is the ‘the limb of Vedas’. Astrology marks its presence in the scriptures like Surya Siddhantha and Vedanga Jyothisham. Many people accept the fact that Vedic astrology makes an impact on all aspects of a person’s life including career, finances, education, marital and family life as well as general living conditions.
Vedas are split into six parts- Shiksha, Chhanda, Vyakarana, Nirukta Kalpa, and Astrology or Jyothisham. Each of the six parts deal with various aspects of this study.
Shiksha- The initial study of the Vedic factor and its right pronunciation
Chhanda- Teaches the right way of pronouncing the Vedic Suktas
Vyakarana- Assists in learning the right method and interpretation of its meaning
Nirukta- Provides direction on how to learn and pronounce the Padas, Mantras and difficult words
Kalpa- Helps to master the ritualistic characteristic of Vedas
Astrology or Jyothisham- This is an integral part of the Vedas. It enables the practitioner to get an accurate picture of the past, the present and the future outlook for an entity.
Learning Astrology: An enjoyable process that needs patience
Anyone willing to learn astrology requires patience and time, particularly since it has many parts and is told in Sanskrit. A basic understanding of Sanskrit will help make the learning process easier to understand.
Astrology can be compared to an ocean with unlimited resources where one can gain more knowledge as he learns new facets and aspects about astrology each day. While this article focuses on providing an accurate introduction to astrological learning, the next topic shall deal with the various aspects of astrology lessons. Each part of Vedic astrology deals with various factors that influence our lives and even thoughts. Believers will vouch for the manner in which birth, life, death and every event that occurs in between is influenced by the position of planets and other celestial bodies like the sun, moon and so on.
Vedic astrology can trace its roots to the cumulative learning of the sages from the Indian subcontinent. The astrology lessons that will follow will help further your understanding about this ancient science.
About Vedic astrology Lessons
The astrology lessons are divided into 12 parts like the basics of astrology, astrology glyphs, birth charts, houses, planets, zodiac signs, ascendants, transits, relationships, facets, chart reading and divisions. Please note that these lessons are meant only for those who are willing to learn astrology and we will cover each topic in depth going forward. Today, we are merely introducing to the subject and therefore have referred to these facts only in passing.
Vedic Astrology Lessons: Transits Predictions
Vedic Astrology Lessons: Monthly Horoscope
Vedic astrology basic lessons
Vedic Astrology Lessons: Planets in different houses
Vedic astrology Lessons: Signs & Planets
Vedic Astrology Lessons: Planet conjunction and Yogas
- December 3, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Scorpio (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Vrichaka Rasi)(0) Comments
- December 3, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Libra (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Thula Rasi)(0) Comments
- December 3, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Virgo (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Kanni Rasi)(0) Comments
- December 2, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Leo (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Simha Rasi)(0) Comments
- December 1, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Cancer (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Kataka Rasi)(0) Comments
- November 30, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Gemini (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Mithuna Rasi)(1) Comments
- November 26, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Taurus (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Rishaba Rasi)(6) Comments
- November 26, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020 for Aries (Sani Peyarchi Plalan 2017 for Mesha Rasi)(5) Comments
- November 26, 2016Saturn Transit 2017 to 2020 - Sani Peyarchi 2017 – 2020(0) Comments
- November 14, 2016Yearly Horoscopes 2017 Pisces Sign | New Year Rasi Palangal 2017 Meena Rasi(1) Comments