Effects of Mahadasha and Antardasha of the various lords of houses in Birth Chart – Part 1
Effects of Dasas of the lords of houses and their Antar Dasas – Tamil Jothidam Tips
1. This Chapter deals briefly with the effects of a planet as a result of his
lordship of a house, when he is strong, with the effects when he is weak and
consequent effects that one has to undergo under circumstances.
2. When the lagna is endowed with full strength, the native will during the
dasa of the lord of the lagna attain a position of eminence in the world and live
happily. His body will remain sturdy and healthy and he will have lustre in his
face. His prosperity will increase and his life will progress just as the Moon’s digits
in the bright half of the lunar month.
3. During the operation of the lord of the 2nd house, there will be acquisition
of family, good daughters, enjoyment of good food and earning of money through
lectures, eloquence of speech and consequent appreciation of the audience.
4. If the 3rd house and its lord be equipped with full strength, during the
dasa of the lord of the 3rd house, the native will receive full cooperation from his
brothers, he will receive auspicious news, he will have opportunity to exhibit his
courage and volour, become commander of an army and will attain honour. He will
receive support of the people and will become popular for his good quality.
5. If the 4th house be vested with maximum strength, effects like going good
to the relation, success in agricultural pursuits, happy relations with wife,
acquisition of a conveyance, agricultural lands, houses, wealth, attainment of a
higher status, will be experienced by the native during the dasa of the lord of the
6. If the 5th house be bestowed with full strength, effects like birth of a son,
happy associations and relationship with kinsmen, becoming minister of a king,
conferment of honours, involvement in virtuous actions and praise for it from the
people and enjoyment of many kinds of delicious preparations shared with others,
will be derived during the dasa of the lord of the 5th house.
7. If the 6th be very strongly disposed, effects like overcoming the enemies
by his valour, remaining free from diseases, being generous and powerful, enjoying
his wealth, splendour and prosperity will be realised by the native during the dasa
of the lord of the 6fh house.
8. If the 7th house be endowed with full strength, during the dasa of the lord
of the 7th, the native will acquire new clothes and ornaments and will live happily
with his wife. His virility or physical strength will Increase and auspicious
functions like marriage etc., will be celebrated in his house. He will perform
9. If the lord of 8th house be vested with full strength, during his dasa period
the native will be able to clear all his debts. He will achieve progress in his
profession and other activities. All disputes with him will come to an end and he
will acquire buffaloes, goats and other cattle and servants.
10. If the lord of 9th house be fully strong, during his dasa, the native will
enjoy continuous prosperity, happiness and wealth alongwith his wife, sons, grand
children and relations, will perform meritorious deeds and receive royal favour and
will be respectful to Brahmins and gods.
11. If the 10th house and its lord have full strength, in the dasa of the lord of
the 10th house, the native will succeed in every venture he undertakes, and he will
live happily. He will earn name and fame and will attain good reputation. He will
involve himself in virtuous actions for which he receives humiliations.
12. In the dasa of a strong lord of the 11th there will be continuous growth in
prosperity. He will have meetings with his near relatives and will have the comfort
of many servants. There will be domestic happiness and great prosperity.
13. During the dasa of the lord of the 12th, the native will spend
extravagantly on good causes. He will perform meritorious acts and thus be free
from the evil effects of the sins committed. He will also be conferred royal
14. The good effects described above in verses 2 to 13 are derived only
when the lord of the house concerned is auspiciously disposed (not placed in the
6th, 8th, or 12th), is posited in his own sign or in his sign of exaltation or is
retrograde. The effects will be adverse if such a planet is inauspiciously disposed,
is in his inimical sign, in his sign of debilitation or is eclipsed by the Sun’s rays.
Now described below are the effects of the planet (lord of a house), who is not well
15. When the lord of the Lagna is badly placed, the native will be
imprisoned during his dasa. He will lead his life in cognito, will suffer fear,
diseases and mental anguish, will participate in funeral rites, will incur loss of
position and other misfortunes.
If the lord of the 2nd is in a similar position, the person conscemed during
his dasa will behave stupidly before an audiance, will not stick to his word or
family, write objectionable letters, will suffer from eye troubles, will have a harsh
tongue, incur lot of expenditure and will face displeasure of the king.
16. If the lord of the 3rd house be weak, there will be loss of brothers and
sisters during his dasa. His work will receive adverse criticism and he will be
harassed by secret enemies. The native will suffer from reverse and as a result will
be humiliated and lose his pride.
If the lord of the 4th house be weak, during his dasa the mother of the native,
his kinsmen and his friends will be distressed. There will be danger of destruction
of his house, agricultural lands and cattle and also danger from water.
17. If the lord of the 5th lacks strength and is badly placed, during his dasa,
the native will lose a son. He will suffer from aberration of mind, will be a victim
of deception and will wander here and there aimlessly. He will suffer from stomach
disorders, face wrath or displeasure of king and will feel physicially weak.
During the dasa of the lord of the 6th house who is deficient in strength,
there will be danger from thieves. He will face poverty, will be overpowered by
others and will suffer from diseases, will receive shabby treatment or indulge in
undesirable actions. He will serve others and suffer humiliation and loss of
reputation. He will have injuries in his body.
18. If the lord of the 7th be weak, during his dasa, the son-in-law of the
native will be in distress. The native will make separation from his wife and
something untoward will happen through the opposite sex and he will have affairs
with wicked women and will suffer from venereal diseases. He will be wandering
When the dasa of a badly placed and weak lord of the 8th house be in
operation, the person concerned will suffer from great sorrow, loss of intelligence,
intense sexual desire, jealousy, fainting fits, poverty, fruitless rambling, loss of
reputation, sickness and humiliation. Even his life may end during the dasa of such
19. During the dasa of the lord of 9th house who is weak, the wife and
children of the native will be in trouble. He will suffer in many ways due to wrath
of deity that had been worshipped formerly. He will indulge in undesirable actions
and one of his elder brothers and his father may die and he himself may suffer
When the lord of the 10th house be devoid of strength, during his dasa, the
native will face failure in all his undertakings and he will indulge in wicked
actions, he may have to live away from his homeland and may suffer distress on
that account. He will have to face untoward happenings and will incur loss of
20. If the lord of the 11th be adversely disposed and be weak, the brother
(elder) of the native will be in trouble. His son will be sickly, he (the native) will
suffer from misery, deception and ear diseases.
During the dasa of a weak lord of the 12th house, the native will suffer from
many diseases, dishonour and slavery. All his wealth will disappear like the
(waning) Moon in the dark half of the month.
Tagged with: Mahadasha and Antardasha in Vedic Astrology, results of Vimshottari Mahadashas, Results of Dasha of various house lords, Analysis of Dasha According to Position of Planets, Mahadasha of the twelve house of Kundali, effects of maha dasha & antar dasha, Vimshottari Dasha, mahadasha and antardasha effects, mahadasha and antardasha analysis, mahadasha and antardasha prediction
- Analysis of Dasha According to Position of Planets | effects of maha dasha & antar dasha | mahadasha and antardasha analysis | mahadasha and antardasha effects | Mahadasha and Antardasha in Vedic Astrology | mahadasha and antardasha prediction | Mahadasha of the twelve house of Kundali | Results of Dasha of various house lords | results of Vimshottari Mahadashas | Vimshottari Dasha