Effects of Mahadasha and Antardasha of the various lords of houses in Birth Chart – Part 3
Effects of Dasas of the lords of houses and their Antar Dasas – Tamil Jothidam Tips
40. The 2nd and 7th houses are maraka (death producing) houses. If the
lords of these houses or planets posited therein, are powerful they cause death
duing their dasa. If the lord of the 8th or 12th house be very weak, death is likely to
take place in the an tar dasa of any of the two.
41. The dasa of a planet who is lord of a kendra will be adverse if he
happens to be a benefic natural benefic and auspicious or favourable if he is a
(natural) malefic. The dasa of all the planets who are trikonas (1,5,9) will be
favourable. The lords of the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses, even if benefics, they will
always produce evil effects during their dasas. The lord of the 8th house, if he also
is the lord of the lagna will be auspicious and will produce good effects in his dasa.
The Sun and the Moon even if they own the 8th house give only good effects.
(They do not suffer from the stigma of being lords of the 8th house.) These are the
effects of several dasas according to Parasara’s opinion.
42. If (1) the lord of a trikona be in a kendra, (2) the lord of a kendra be in a
trikona, they will both prove auspicious. If the dasa of one and the an tar dasa of
the ohter be in operation, the effects will be very favourable. They will help each
other, cooperate to make the period auspicious.
43. No planet produces good or bad effects to the native in accordance with
the house he owns during his dasa and his own antar dasa.
44. Find out what all planets are related (Chapter 25, verse 30) to the
particular planet whose dasa is under consideration. Note also the planets if any
which are similarly circumstanced (whether for good or bad) i.e. holding a position
coordinate to the one under reference. It is only in the antar dasas of these planets
that the original planet will in his main dasa manifest his effect.
45. The lords of kendras and trikonas, even if they themselves be capable of
causing evil (owning to their having lordships of evil house), become yogakarakas
by their mere relationship and make the native prosperous.
Notes — For example for the Aries Ascendant both Saturn lord of the 10th a
kendra and also of 11th (for which he beccmes a papi) and Jupiter is lord of the 9th
a trikona and the 6th a dusthana. But they get related with each other (vide Chapter
15, verse 30) they become yogakarakas and thus auspicious in the nature.
46. If out of the lords of the 5th and 9th any one of them gets related to a
strong planet owning a kendra, he becomes a yogakaraka, (capable of promoting
the property of the native).
47. If the lord of a kendra be associated with any of the lords of the 5th or
the 9th, they both become yogakarakas.
If the lord of a kendra while being related to lord of one trikona, be also
related to the lord of the other trikona, a most powerful Raja Yoga will be the
Notes — Here it will be relevant to point out that if the same planet owns a
kendra and a trikona, he becomes a yogakaraka for that ascendant. For the Taurus
Ascendant Saturn is lord of 9th and 10th. Therefore he will be a yogakaraka. For
the Cancer and Leo Ascendants Mars owns the 5th and the 10th and the 4th and 9th
respectively. Thus Mars is a yogakaraka for these Ascendants. Saturn is a
Yogakaraka for the Libra ascendant being the lord of the 4th and the 5th. Venus is
yogakaraka for the Capricorn and Aquarius ascendants being lords of the 5th and
the 10th and the 4th and the 9th respectively.
48. Though the planets may be themselves (natural malefics) but If they are
related to a yogakaraka (planet producing prosperity) good effects will be
experienced by the native during their antar dasas leading him to affluence and
49. The lord of a trikoria house will during his dasa and the antar dasa of the
lord of a kendra will produce good effects. Even if the two planets may not be
connected the dasa of one and the antar dasa of the other will be productive of
50-51. If Jupiter and Venus be lords of kendras, they become powerful to
cause evil effects. Should they occupy the maraka houses (2nd and 7th), they
become powerful marakas (inflicters of death).
Mercury in this respect is less powerful. The Moon comes next to Mercury.
Malefics when they be lords of kendras, become more and more auspicious
in their effects.
52. If Rahu and Ketu occupy a kendra or trikona they become yogakarakas if
they get connected with the lord of kendra or trikona.
If Rahu or Ketu should occupy the sign of a benefic which is not an
inauspicious house and are not connected with any planet, they produce good
effects in their antar dasas.
If Rahu and Ketu are not connected with any planet and are posited in an
auspicious house (kendra or trikona), they will produce good effects during their
dasa and the antar dasa of a yogakaraka.
54. During the dasa of a yogakaraka planet, the Raja Yoga begins when the
antar dasa of karaka planets are in progress. The antar dasas of malefics which
succeed them in their turn increase the same.
Notes — Another version of this verse as given by Pt. Gopesh Kumar Ojha
in his Hindi translation of Phaladeepika is as under :—
This means that if Raja yoga begins with the antar dasa of a maraka planet,
the native gets yogakaraka effects in name only. The real prosperity and glorious
effects of Raja yoga evade him.
Tagged with: Mahadasha and Antardasha in Vedic Astrology, results of Vimshottari Mahadashas, Results of Dasha of various house lords, Analysis of Dasha According to Position of Planets, Mahadasha of the twelve house of Kundali, effects of maha dasha & antar dasha, Vimshottari Dasha, mahadasha and antardasha effects, mahadasha and antardasha analysis, mahadasha and antardasha prediction
- Analysis of Dasha According to Position of Planets | effects of maha dasha & antar dasha | mahadasha and antardasha analysis | mahadasha and antardasha effects | Mahadasha and Antardasha in Vedic Astrology | mahadasha and antardasha prediction | Mahadasha of the twelve house of Kundali | Results of Dasha of various house lords | results of Vimshottari Mahadashas | Vimshottari Dasha