Yogas in Vedic Astrology – Part 9
62. Pamara Yoga which affects the 5th house, will give the native a
miserable living and he will be indiscriminate. He will be liar and a cheat. He will
suffer from loss of children or will be childless. He will associate with mean and
wicked persons. He will have no faith in God or religion and will be a glutton.
63. Harsha Yoga concerns the 6th house. According to this yoga if the lords
of the 6th, 8th and 12th occupy the 6th house, the native will be blessed with
happiness and good fortune and a strong constitution. He will conquer his enemies
and will hesitate in indulging in sinful deeds. He will become a friend of illustrious
and men with class. He will be wealthy, splendourous, famous and will have
friends and sons.
64. Dushkriti Yoga involves the 7th house. The person with this yoga at
birth, will be deprived of his own wife and will indulge with other persons’ wives.
He will wander about to and fro unnoticed and will suffer from venereal diseases.
He will be punished by the king (Government). He will be hated by his relations
and will remain unhappy in consequence.
65. Sarala Yoga concerns the 8th house. The yoga is formed if the lords of
the 6th, 8th or 12th are posited in the 8th house. This yoga inspite of the house
being a Dusthana gives excellent results. The yoga enables the native to be
longlived. resolute, fearless, prosperous, learned, blessed with children and wealth.
The native with this yoga will achieve success in all his ventures, will be victorious
over his enemies and will be a great celebrity.
66. The Nirbhagya Yoga which concerns the 9th house (the house of
Bhagya) causes the native to lose all his paternal property such as lands, house etc.
He will have no regard for good people and elders and will be irreligious. He will
be dressed in old and worn out clothes, will be poor and miserable.
67. All the physical efforts will prove fruitless for the person born with
Duryoga involving the 10th house. He will be of no importance, a traitor and very
selfish only earning to satisfy his own hunger. He will be constantly away from his
home and live abroad.
68. The yoga involving the 11th house is known as Daridrya Yoga. Incoming
debts constantly will be the way of life for the person with this yoga. He suffers
from diseases of the ear. He will be deprived of good brotherhood and will be
engaged in cruelly and sins. He will be indecent in speech and work like a menial.
69. The person with his birth in Vlmla Yoga (which concerns the 12th house)
will be frugal in his expenses and clever in saving money. He will be equipped
with good behaviour towards others, will enjoy happiness, will be independent,
will follow a respectable profession or conduct and will be well known for his
Notes — We would like to make some comments on the three yogas vis.,
Harsha, Sarala and Vimala involving the 6th, 8th, and 12th, the three Dusthanas or
inauspicious houses of a horoscope. As will be seen irom verses 63, 65 and 69, if
the lords of these three houses are posited in their own houses or in any of the
other two houses, they produce excellent results. Every planet In his own house is
deemed to be good and strong even if the house concerned is 6th, 8th or 12th; but
how is it that lord of an inauspicious house produces good resultes when he is
posited in another inauspicious house. The reason given for such an opposite effect
is that the lord of an inauspicious when disposed in another inauspicious becomes
so weak that it loses its evil character and assumes the role of a strong benefic to
enable him to produce excellent opposite results. Why these three yogas have been
called as Vipareeta Raja Yogas? As stated in our notes on verses 33-35
Uttarakalamrit supports this view; but Parashara in his Brihat Parashara Bora
Shastra has accorded no recognition to this yoga. The effects given there of
disposition of the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th in each other’s houses are described
(1) 6th lord in the 6th – The native will have enmity with the group of his
kinsmen but. he will be friendly to others and will enjoy mediocre happiness in
matters like wealth.
(2) 6th lord in the 8th – The native will be sickly, inimical, will desire others’
wealth, be interested in other’s wives and be impure (or degraded).
(3) 6th lord in the 12th – The native will always spend on vices, be hostile to
learned people and will torture living beings.
(4) 8th lord in the 6th – The native will win over his enemies, be afflteted by
diseases and during childhood, will incure danger through snakes and water.
(5) 8th lord in the 8th – The native will be longlived. If the said planet be
weak being in the 8th the native’s longevity will be medium, he will be a thief, be
blameworthy and will blame others as well.
(6) 8th lord in the 12th – The native will spend on evil deeds and will have a
short life. More so, if there be additionally a malefic in the said house.
(7) 12th lord in the 6th – The native will incur enmity with his own men, be
given to anger, be sinful and, miserable.
(8) 12th lord in 8th – The native will always gain, will speak affably, will
enjoy a medium span of life and be endowed with qualities.
(9) 12th lord in the 12th – The native will face heavy expenditure, and will
not have physical felicity, be irritable and spiteful. It will be seen from the above
that according to Parasara the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th are not good enough
even when they occupy their own houses. According to him only the 12th lord in
the 8th produces some good effects.
Dr. B.V. Raman also has not been kindly to the Harsha, Sarala and Vimala
yogas laid down by Shri Mantreswara. In his book Three Hundred Important
Combinations while commenting on these three yogas he says boldly, “These three
yogas furnish us with a clue as to how lords of Dusthanas by occupying another
Dusthana can overcome the evil due to such malefic ownership. Even though the
author of the above yogas has ascended very pleasant results to these three
combinations yet in actual practice, quite contrary have been the results. Parashara
and Lomasa do not seem to favour the conception that the sting arising from an
evil lordship can disappear entirely as a result of the lord occupying another
Dusthana. On the other hand, the intensity will be somewhat modified. This is
evident from the fact that according to Parashara, when the 6th lord is in the 6th,
the native’s relatives become enemies while he would be friend of the outsiders;
and when the 6th lord is in 8th or 12th, the person becomes sick, hates learned
men,, goes after others’ women and takes pleasure in causing violence. Therefore,
in interpreting the three yogas given above, one should have an eye on the intrinsic
evil nature of the ownership”
It is also stated in verse 57 of Phala Deepika that Harsha, Sarala and Vimala
Yogas will also be formed if the 6th, 8th or 12th houses be associated with or
aspected by malefics. In the context of the general principles of Hindu Astrology,
we find it difficult to believe that such dispositions or combinations can yield any
We have not found mention of any such yogas In Brihat Jataka, Saravali and
70. If the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th houses vested with strength are
posited in Kendra or Trikona and the lords of 1st, 10th, 4th and 9th houses be weak
or combust, and occupy the 6th, 8th and 12th houses, the yoga so arising is named
Duryoga. If, however, the above dispositions are in the reverse order, viz., the lords
of the 6th, 8th and 12th houses being weak or combust occupy those houses and
the lords of the 1st, 4th, 9th and 10th being strong are posited in the kendra or
trikona house, the native will become a king, fortunate, wealthy, happy and
- Astrology Yogas and Their Result | astrology yogas in my horoscope | auspicious yoga in astrology | Auspicious Yogas in your Birth-Chart | Dhana Yogas in Vedic Astrology | different yogas in astrology | Different Yogas In Horoscope | different yogas in kundli | do i have raja yoga in my horoscope | famous yogas in astrology | fortune yogas in astrology | How to analyze Yogas in Vedic Astrology | how to know rajyog in kundli | important yogas astrology | Kendra Trikona Raj Yoga | list of yogas in vedic astrology | most important yoga in astrology | PANCHA MAHAPURUSHA YOGAS | PARIVARTANA YOGAS | powerful raja yogas in vedic astrology | Raj Yog in astrology | Raj Yog in Horoscope | Raj Yog in Kundli | Raj Yog in vedic astrology | raja yoga in astrology | raja yoga in vedic astrology | raja yogas in indian astrology | raja yogas in vedic astrology | Rajyog in Kundli | SCISSORS YOGAS (KARTARI YOGAS) | Shubha Yoga | Vedic Astrology Yogas | what is raja yoga in horoscope | what is raja yoga in kundli | YOGA AND RAJ YOGA ANALYSIS | yoga in astrology | Yogas and Astrology | Yogas Combinations of Planets | Yogas for Success and Fame in Life | Yogas in a Horoscope and their effects | yogas in vedic astrology