Raja Yogas vedic astrology
Raja Yogas vedic astrology : 20. Five Yogas are described in this Verse which are as follows —
(a) If Venus is aspected by Jupiter a person born in a royal family becomes a
(b) If Jupiter occupies a sign other than Capricorn identical with Lagna, the
native becomes a King with many elephants under his charge.
(c) A King will be born if in a nativity the lord of the Lagna vested with full
strength occupies a Kendra.
(4) If at birth Mercury with full strength is posited in Kendra and is aspected
by Jupiter, the native becomes so influential that the Kings act according to his
21. Two Yogas are described in this Verse as described below —
(1) Even one planet posited in his sign of exaltation aspected by a friendly
planet enables the native to become a king. If such a planet be also associated with
a friendly planet, the native will become extremely rich and prosperous.
(2) If the Sun be in his own Navamsa and the Moon be in his own sign, the
native becomes a King possessing many horses and elephants.
Note — In the Yoga mentioned at (2) above, it should be necessary for the
Rasi of the Sun and the Navamsa of the Moon to be strong. The strength of a
horoscope depends to a great extent on the strength of the Sun and the Moon.
22. There are again two Raja Yogas in this verse as described below: —
(1) Should the Moon with full rays be in Pisces aspected by a friendly
planet, the native will become a king with pre-eminent position and delighting the
(2) Should the Moon be full and be in his sign of exaltation the native will
become a very generous, charitable and praiseworthy King.
23. Should the Moon be in the Navamasa of an Adhimitra aspected fully by
Venus. The native will become a very wealthy King.
Should the Moon in the above position be aspected by Jupiter, the person
born will become a King reigning over the entire Earth.
24. The following are 4 Raja yogas declared by those versed in the science
of Astrology —
(1) Malefics posited in the 3rd, 6th and 11th house counted from
The house occupied by the lord of Lagna, Moon or from the Lagna.
(2) Mars and Mercury occupying the 2nd house from the Lagna.
(3) The Sun and Venus located together in the 4th house.
(4) Mars, Saturn and Jupiter be housed respectively in the 10th, 11th and the
25. Should one out of the lords of the 11th, the 9th and the 2nd houses
occupies a Kendra with reference to the Moon and should Jupiter own the 2nd, the
5th or the 11th house, the Yoga so formed enables the person born to become the
lord of a full fledged empire.
26. A planet in debilitation is considered adverse in effect. But there arise
circumstances when the debilitation of such a planet is cancelled giving rise to
Neechabhang Raja Yoga. These circumstances are explained below.
I at birth a planet is posited in sign of debilitation and the lord of the sign of
debilitation be in Kendra from the Moon or Lagna or the planet that is exalted in
the sign be in Kendra to the Moon or the Lagna, the debilitation of the Planet
concerned gets cancelled and a Raja Yoga is formed enabling the native to become
a very powerful King.
Note — There is some difference of opinion about the interpretation of the
word Uchchanatha. Suppose Saturn is in the Aries in debilitation who will be
Uchchanatha of Saturn? According to one view Saturn is exalted in Libra.
Therefore lord of Libra, namely, Venus is the Uchchanatha. Another view is that
Saturn being in Aries and the Sun is exalted in Aries. Therefore the Sun is the
Uchchanatha. In our view the second view is more appropriate. There is also
difference of opinion whether the conditions mentioned above have to be fulfilled
before debilitation gets cancelled. Shri V. Subrahmanaya Shastri has taken the view
that any of the two conditions should be enough for the cancellation of the
Pt. Gopesh Kumar Ojha has taken the view that both the conditions
have to be fulfilled. We are of the view that it should be enough for any of the two
conditions to be fulfilled for the cancellation of the debilitation. Our view and that
of Shri Shastri is supported by Jataka Parijata.
Saturn is in his sign of debilitation. His debilitation gets cancelled as Mars
the lord of the sign in which Saturn is posted, in Kendra to the Lagna and the
Moon. Sun who is exalted in Aries is also in Kendra to the Lagna.
27. Should at birth a planet be posited in his sign of debilitation, and the lord
of that depression sign and the lord of the planet’s exaltation sign are in Kendra
positions mutually, the debilitation gets cancelled The Neechabhanga Raja Yoga so
formed produces a powerful King of Kings
28. If a planet is in his sign of debilitation, and is aspected by the lord of that
sign, the debilitation gets cancelled and by the Neechabhanga Raja Yoga so formed
the native becomes a ruler of the Earth and famous. And if in the above Yoga if the
planet be placed in an auspicious case still better effects may be expected.
29. When the planet is posited in his sign of debilitation, if the lord of the
sign so occupied or the lord of the planet’s exaltation sign be in a Kendra position
with reference to the Lagna or the Moon, the person so born will become very
wealthy emperor. He will perform virtuous actions and will be very powerful,
famous and affluent.
30. If a planet in his sign of debilitation be in a Kendra position with reference to the Moon or the Lagna, the debilitation gets cancelled and the
Neechabhanga Raja Yoga so formed will produce an emperor revered by other
Nates — Thus there are five kinds of Neechabhanga Raja Yogas as
(1) The lord of the depression sign or the planet that is exalted in that sign, is
in a Kendra position from the Lagna or the Moon.
(2) The lord of the sign of debilitation and the lord of the exaltation sign of
the debilitation planet are mutually in Kendra positions.
(3) The planet in the sign of debilitation is aspected by the lord of that sign.
(4) The lord of the sign of debilitation or the lord of the exaltation sign of the
planet in debilitation, is in Kendra from the Lagna or the Moon.
(5) The planet in his sign of debilitation is in Kendra with reference to the
Lagna or the Moon
RAJA YOGAS in Vedic Astrology – Part 3
Gaja Kesari Yoga in Vedic Astrology
Sanyasa yoga in Vedic Astrology