Calculation longevity | Determination of Longevity in Vedic Astrology – Part 2
Calculation of Longevity with Vedic Astrology
If, however, there be aspect of benefics on the Lagna, the Moon or malefics
or there be benefics in Kendra, the evil effects described above do not come to
13. If the lord of the Ascendant or the lord of the sign occupied by the Moon
being weak is placed in 6th, 8th or 12th, the native survives for the number of the
years as are indicated by the number of the sign (counted from Aries) in which the
Lord of Lagna or the lord of the Moon sign is posited.
If the lord of the Lagna decanate or the lord of the Moon decanate being
weak be placed in the 6th, 8th or 12th, the number of the sign in which such lord is
posited will indicate the number of days of the survival of the child.
If the lord of the Lagna Navamsa or the lord of the Moon Navamsa being
weak be placed in 6th, 8th or. 12th, the sign of the Lagna Navamsa or the Moon
Navamsa will indicate the number of days of the survival of the native.
After carefully taking into account which of the above planetary dispositions
are more predominant and after considering the nature of the malefics occupying
the 5th and 8th house from the Lagna, a final decision should be taken about the
longevity of the native.
14. Note the following 3 pairs (A) the decanate signs of the Lagna and the
Moon. (B) the Navamsa signs of the lord of the Lagna and lord of the sign
occupied by the Moon and (C) the Dwadasasma signs of the lord of the Lagna and
of the lord of the 8th house.
The life of the child should be pronounced as Deergha, Madhya and Alpa
according as (a) when one of the signs in the said 3 pairs is a moveable sign and
the other is a moveable fixed or dual sign, (b) when one of the signs is fixed and
the other is a dual, moveable or fixed sign and (c) when one of the signs is a dual
sign and the other is a fixed, dual or moveable sign respectively.
15. If the lord of the Lagna and all the benefics be in Kendra the native will
If they be in Panphara house the native will have Madhyayu.
If they be in Apoklima house, the native will have Alpayu.
If the lord of the 8th house and all malefics be posited in Kendra house the
native will have Alphyu.
If they be posited in Panaphara house, the native will have Madhyayu.
If they be posited in Apoklima house, the native will enjoy Deerghayu.
Find out if the following 3 pairs of planets are mutualy friends, neutrals or
(a) The lord of the sign in which the Moon is posited and the lord of the 8th
house from the Moon sign.
(b) The lord of the Lagna and the lord of the 8th house.
(c) The lord of the Lagna and the Sun.
The native will enjoy Deerghayu if they are mutually friends. He will have
Madhyayu if they are mutually neutrals and will have Alpayu if they are mutually
16. The native will be longlived (enjoy Deerghayu) if —
(1) The lord of the Lagna be stronger than the lord of the 8th house,
(2) The lord of the rising Navamsa be stronger than the lord of the 8th from
(3) If the lord of the sign occupied by the Moon be stronger than the lord of
the 8th from the Moon,
(4) If the lord of the Moon’s Navamsa be stronger than Ihe lord of the 8th
If otherwise, the reverse will be the result.
17. If the lord of the 8th house endowed with greater strength than the lord
of the lagna, be posited in Kendra and malefics occupy the 8th and the 12th, the
native will be shortlived even if he gets medicum life or prolog his life to the full
period, his life will be the vicissitudes of happiness and misery.
18. Add the longitudes of the Sun, the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. For
example the following are the longitudes given in a horoscope.
Sun – 7-26, Moon – 11-20, Jupiter – 6-14, Saturn – 0-17, 26 or 2-7 that 7
degrees of Gemini.
If the native has alpayu the end of his life will come when Saturn in transit
reaches the first cycle of 7 degrees of Gemini.
19. If the lord of the Lagna be associated with a maleifc and be eclipsed by
the Sun’s rays, or be in his sign of debilitation or in an inimical sign, the death of
the native will have to be pronounced, when the same lord in his transit happens to
occupy the 6th, 8th or 12th or the Lagna or be some how connected with it. The
same event may also be deduced from the Navamsa Lagna, the decanate Lagna or
the sign in which the Moon be posited.
20. If the Moon, the lord of the sign occupied by her and the lord of the
Lagna be all well placed by being associated with or aspected by benefics and
passed many points of strength, the birth at that time should be treated very
auspicious and will make* the native happy in every way.
21. If the lord of the Lagna possesses great strength and be unaspected by
(or associated with) malefics and be aspected by (or associated with) benefics,
occupies a kendra house, the death is warded off and the native secures a long life
with good qualities, wealth and an illusttrious or powerful sovereignty
22. If Jupiter, the Minister of Gods, possessed of great strength and with
brilliant rays be posited in Lagna, he can singly ward off many of the evils which
otherwise would be difficult to overcome, just as a humble salutation placed with
all sincerity before lord Vishnu demolishes all evils.
23. If the birth be in bright half of the lumar month (Shukla Paksha) and the
Moon be posited in 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th or the 11th in Cancer, Leo,
Sagittarius or Pisces Navamsa, many evils endangering life of the native are
demolished and the birth becomes very auspicious.
24. If in any nativity, there be no malefics in kendra, trikona and the 8th
house and the lord of Lagna and Jupiter posited in kendra, the native performs
virtuous actions, enjoys all kinds of happiness and remains in good health with a
life span of 100 years.
25. Through the Dasas enunciated by Spripati, through Ashtakavarga,
through Kalachakra Dasa and through the Vimsottari Dasa system, a Wiseman
ought to predict the longevity of the native by following suitable rules after a
correct calculation of several planetary positions, careful working and minute
Tagged with: How Long Will You Live?, Determination of Longevity in astrology, calculation of longevity in astrology, how to calculate longevity using vedic astrology, longevity astrology prediction, life span calculation by astrology, lifespan astrology calculator, life expectancy calculation, life expectancy calculation formula, calculation of life expectancy at birth, life span calculation horoscope, YOUR LIFE SPAN AND VEDIC ASTROLOGY, check your Longevity, Calculation of Longevity with Vedic Astrology, how to calculate longevity from horoscope
Latest posts by tamiljothidamtips (see all)
- Rahu Ketu Transit 2017 to 2019 - June 18, 2017
- Auspicious Date 2017-2018 for Chronic Disease Medical Treatment - April 18, 2017
- Auspicious Vehicle Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017