Nadi Astrology Planetary Transit Hits
1. Jupiter and Venus are benefics; Venus gives the pleasures of this world where as Jupiter gives spiritual traits, things pertaining to the next world or Moksha, attachment towards Bhakti, Yoga, Swarga-Sukha to be enjoyed after this world etc. Venus makes men selfish while Jupiter shapes men with sacrificing ideal mind, servitude to the human society and looking to the welfare of others.
2. Saturn and Mars are malefic planets. Though Saturn is the most malefic, his shaping of men will end in good. He makes him ideal human after giving him all pains, sorrows, difficulties etc. But Mars gives anger, intention to revenge, provocations, negative emotions which are ultimately bad.
3. Rahu is a shadowy planet and Ketu is Rahu’s part. Hence Ketu is less malefic than Rahu and gives more benefic results.
4. Whichever planet is strongest in a horoscope, the native is predominantly endowed with the nature of that planet.
5. In Kaliyuga, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu are very strong planets. Mithuna and Kanya are Trikona Sthanas of Rahu and Ketu, Makara and Kumba for Mars and Saturn, and for other planets Simham and Dhanus. Trikona here means the most benefic sign for a planet. The exaltation, debilitation, Swaskshethra etc., is not to be linked here.
6. In a horoscope, houses from Lagna to 6th are below horizon and are in invisible half of the chart, Lagna is just rising at the eastern point. Planets in these houses are less powerful either to give benefic or malefic results, i.e. the planets in the visible half from 7th to 12thare more powerful to give benefic or malefic results.
7. Based on this principle, when transit results are seen from Moon sign, planets that are placed from 7th to 12th from Janma Rashi are capable of giving enhanced malefic or benefic results. Quite contrary to this the planets between 1 to 6 houses will give less benefic or adverse results.
For example, Jupiter in transit is benefic in 2, 5, 7, 9 and 11th houses from Moon. Out of these he will be more benefic in houses which are 7th to 12th house from Lagna. Similarly for Saturn, adversity in 1, 2,4and 5th will get reduced and in 7, 8, 9, and 12th places, will be intensified.
8. In houses of friends, own places and in exaltation, benefic effects will be more. They give madhyama phala in Janma Rasis and in enemies and Neecha Rasis, malefic results are more.
9. Affliction caused by planets are, Ravi face and head, Moon neck, Mars stomach and back, Mercury hands, Jupiter in hips and knees, Venus genitals and Saturn feet. Rahu acts as Saturn and Ketu as Mars in this respect.
10. In transit, the planets are stronger in descending order Saturn, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Moon and Sun.
11. Planet aspected by benefic becomes stronger.
12. In exaltation a planet has full strength, 3/4th in Moola Trikona, half own house, I/4th in friend's house, 1/8 th in Sama Rasi and in Neecha Rashi, its strength will be of 1/16 i.e., weakest state. Moon and Venus are strong in even signs namely Rishaba, Karke, Virgo, Scorpio, Makara and Meena. The remaining planets i.e., Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Rahu and Ketu are strong in the odd Rasis.
13. In a horoscope, Lagna is east, 7th is west, 4th is North and 10th is South. Mercury and Venus arc strong in Lagna, Shukra and Moon are strong in 4th house, Saturn is strong in 7th house and Sun and Mars are strong in 10th house.
14. Malefics are strong in Krishna Paksha and benefics in Sukla Paksha.
15. What is called Awastha phala of planets is also taken into account in transit as in predictive Astrology. Planets in odd rasis, if placed in first 6 degrees, are supposed to be in 'Balya' Awastha, in next 6 degrees in Kumar Awastha (adolescent), 12* 18° in Yuva Awastha (youth) in next six degree (18-24) Vridha Awastha and in next 6 degrees (24 to 30) in Mrita (dead) state.
16. The condition of planets will be in the reverse order in the even Rasis. Full results will be given by planets in prime youth state. Planets in the state of old age generally give negligible results. Planets in dead stage will be as good as dead.
17. Combust, retrograde, direct and Atichara motions of planets have different effects. Planets within certain degree to Sun are called combust. When a planet, after conjunction, parts away from Sun it is said to be rising. There is no retrograde motion to Sun and Moon. Rahu and Ketu are always retrograde. Hence for above 4 planets there is no difference in results due to their motional difference.
18. A malefic planet in retrograde motion becomes worse and a benefic planet gives better results as compared to its normal motion.
19. Under ordinary conditions the benefic results of planets are as under.
I. Full Moon, Jupiter and Venus are benefics.
II. Venus is 3/4 benefic,
III. Mercury is 1/4 benefic.
IV. Waning Moon (from Krishnashtami to Sukla Pancharni) is 1/4 benefic.
V. When waning Moon joins Mercury, he is only 1/8 benefic.
20. The malefic quantum of planets:
i. Saturn, Ketu and Rahu are fully malefic.
ii. Mars is 3/4 malefic.
iii. Sun is 1/2 malefic.
iv. When Mercury joins Moon, both are 1/4 malefic.
(v) Jupiter conjunct with Rahu becomes full malefic.
The quantum of adverse results due to placement of malefic planets can be calculated as above, But when they are due to give good results due to placement the quantum is full.
In this way the net transit results of a planet good or bad have to be computed according to the conditions mentioned.