In this horoscope (all planets not given), note the following feature:
- The Moon is in his own house.
Mars is exalted.
Venus has acquired directional strength being in the fourth house.
- In the navamsha Saturn gets exalted.
Jupiter also gets exalted.
Venus is in its own house.
Dasha Sequence –
He got the dasha of Venus of twenty years from the age of fifteen years. No wonder he has made a very good career as a big government officer in Government of India.
- Mars the lagna lord combines with the fifth lord Jupiter and forms a Rajayoga.
The exchange of the exalted Moon, with Venus is another Rajayoga.
3. Mars and Mercury are in their own houses while the Moon the lord of ninth house (luck), is exalted.
- Rahu and Ketu and the Sun (the tenth lord of the birth horoscope) are vargottama, as they have not changed their positions.
2. Saturn and the Moon occupy their own house.
Dasha Sequence –
From the age of eight (1936) he got the dasha of Rahu of full eighteen years. Rahu with exalted ninth lord, involved in an exchange with Venus, joins in promoting the Rajayoga.
More important is the fact that Rahu is vargottama.
He next got the full sixteen years of Jupiter who is involved in the Rajayoga as we have seen. He made his career in the period of Rahu and went on rising higher and higher in the period of Jupiter.
Saturn again contributed to his rise but at the very last stage halted his progress when he could not reach the topmost position.
Saturn with Ketu aspected by Mars the sixth lord (opposition) gave him (since exalted Moon also aspects Saturn) technically, a higher post but it was not the coveted post which he wanted. Why did this happen?
Here comes the importance of the sub-sub-period. In February 1985 when this crucial decision was to have been taken he was passing through:
The major period of Saturn
The sub-period of Jupiter and
The sub-sub-period of Mercury.
Saturn as we have already seen has to cause him some disappointment at some stage.
Jupiter in the sixth house of opposition with the sixth lord Mars is also in the sixth house from Saturn.
Note – In interpreting the results of the dasha the mutual disposition between the major dasha lord (here Saturn) and the sub-dasha lord (here Jupiter ) gives a valuable clue whether the work will be done smoothly or not.
The sub-sub-period lord is Mercury, the eighth lord in the eighth house, representing a set-back. But being with a vargottama Sun, it did not cause any serious handicap. He was given a higher status and not the coveted post which everyone thought he deserved.
It became a case of being kicked “upward to be demoted or overlooked.”
Gajakesari yoga –
If Jupiter and the Moon are together or in quadrants from each other, it is called a Gajakesari Yoga promising good rise in life.
- The Gajakesari yoga in the fifth house, the Lakshmi sthana of wealth is most promising.
Mars (the tenth lord) with Venus the ninth lord in the seventh house shows that both he and his wife occupy important positions in their business establishments.
The Sun and Mercury are also the fifth and seventh lords forming another Rajayoga.
Saturn is exalted, like Mercury.
Sun gets exalted; Mercury is vargottama exalted while Mars is vargottama.
After nearly seventeen years of Rahu dasha’s balance, he got the dasha of Jupiter and has now been having the dasha of exalted, Saturn in the ninth house of luck.
This will be followed by the dasha of vargottama and exalted Mercury which will be excellent. But what is fortune is also misfortune. This horoscope does not promise birth of children.
- The combination of Jupiter and the Sun is known as a Rajalakshana yoga, a promise of regal dignity. The fifth house is the house of dignity. The dasha of the fifth lord is the time for such promised dignity to manifest.
The other Rajayogas are the combination of Venus, the lagna lord with Mercury the ninth lord, with Venus being exalted.>
- The aspect of Mars, the seventh lord and Saturn, the fifth lord is another Rajayoga.
A prediction was given to him that in the period of Saturn and the sub-period of Venus he would get a very dignified position. He has been for five years (in 1994) now the head of an Indian state.
- The navamsha continues the promise of Jupiter-Sun combination. Mars and Venus are in their own houses. Saturn is vargottama. The Moon is Vargottama.
It being the dasha of his fifth lord his children are also prospering.