General effects of the twelve houses in Vedic Astrology – Part 2
12. Just as the fourth house and its karate the Moon have been assessed for
Judging the effects of the fourth house, assessment should be made in the same
manner in respect of father, brother, sons etc., by taking into account the
circumstances of the house concerned, its karaka planets occupying the house, the
lord of the house, connection of the planets with the Lagna and the lord of the
Notes — If the Lagna and the lord of the Lagna be strong, there will be good
relations between the 5th house, lord of the 5th house and Jupiter, there will be
mutual affection between the native and his sons and the sons will be happy and
prosperous. If the lord of the Lagna and the lord of the 5th be mutual enemies and
be 6th and 8th to each other and be in each other’s inimical sign or sign of
debilitation, the effects will be quite the opposite.
13. If the lord of the 4th or Venus be well placed in the Lagna or the 4th
house (and be uneclipsed in signs of their debilitation), the native enjoys the
honour of riding a palanquin, he becomes 4 lord or a king and acquires gold,
valuable ornaments, conch, silk, cow, items of luxuries, elephants, horses, etc.
14. If the lord of the 4th house be In dusthana (6th, 8th or 12th) or associated
with the Sun and Mars or the Sun and Mars be in the 4th house, the house in which
the native was born will be burnt. If the lord of 4th be in the 4th with Rahu and
Saturn, the house will be old and dilapidated. If there will be an inimical planet in
the 4th, native’s belongings such as cow s, lands vehicles, etc., will be
misappropriated by others.
15. If the 5th house be in a benefic sign and in the navamsa of a benefic, the
native will be intelligent and open hearted. The same will be the result if the lord of
5th be posited in an auspicious house and has attained Vaisheishikamsa.
16. (1) Malefics in the 6th, (2) the lord of the Lagna in association With or
aspected by a strong lord of the 6th. (3) the lord of the Lagna posited in the 6th, (4)
the lord of the 6th posited in a kendra house and (5) the lord of the 6th in
conjunction with or aspected by malefics, will cause the native immense and
constant harrassment for which there will be no remedies.
17. If the lord of the Lagna be much stronger than the lord of the 6th, be in
the sign or navamsa of a benefic and be aspected by benefics, and a strong lord of
4th occupies a kendra or trikona, the native will be hale and healthy, will not suffer
from any disease and will be fortunate.
18. If the lord of the 6th be in the 6th in his sign of depression, in an inimical
sign and eclipsed by Sun’s rays, and the lord of the Lagna be stronger than the lord
of the 6th with the Sun in the 9th, the native destroys his enemies.
Notes — There is another version of this verse according to which, it will
read as (…). If this version is adopted it will mean that instead of Sun being in the
9th, there would be benefic in the 6th.
We would also like to mention that the lord of the 6th in 6th can never be in
a sign of depression or an inimical sign. He will always in his own sign. He can,
however, be eclipsed by Sun’s rays.
19. (1) The house, the lord of which is associated with the lord of the 6th. (2)
the house occupied by the lord of the 6th. and (3) the house, the lord of which is
posited in the 6th. these will always be inimical to the native.
Notes — For example if the lord of 6th is posited in the 5th, the lord of the
5th is in the 6th or the lords of the 5th and 6th be together in any house, his son
will be inimical towards the native.
20. If the 7th house be connected with benefics and the lord of the 7th be
well equipped with strength, the wife of the native will be devoted to her husband,
will be full of virtues and good qualities and will be blessed with sons (children).
21. If in any nativity the lord of the 8th house be posited in any house other
than a kendra and the lord of the 8th be weaker than the lord of the Lagna, the
native will be longlived and will be free from all kinds of anxieties, obstacles and
22. If the Sun or Mars be in the 9th and the lord of the 9th be in a dusthana
(6th, 8th or 12th) or be hemmed in between malefics, the father dies soon after the
Notes — If the death does not take place immediately, if will take place in
the dasa antar dasa of the Sun or Mars.
23. If the Sun in the case of day birth and Saturn in the event of a night birth,
be posited in an auspicious position and be connected with the benefics, and the
lord of the 9th be strong, the father of the native will be longlived.
24. If the Sun and the Moon be in trine with Saturn and Mars, the native at
birth will be abandoned by his parents but if the Sun and the Moon be graced by
the aspect of Jupiter, the native will be longlived and happy.
Tagged with: 12 houses and their significance, Astrological Houses, astrology houses and their characteristics, astrology houses meaning, Bhavas, Bhavas in vedic astrology, Chandra Lagna (Moon lagna), Dhana, Dharma, Each Bhava as per sage Parasara, horoscope house significance, Houses, houses and their meanings, houses in astrology, houses in general Lagnam, Houses in horoscope,houses in vedic astrology, Houses or Bhavas in Vedic Astrology, Jothisha, Kendras, Lagna, meaning of different houses in horoscope, meaning of houses in horoscope, Meaning of the 12 houses,
meanings of houses in astrology, Meanings of the Houses, Rising sun, The 12 Houses and Their Meanings, Trikonas, Twelve Houses of the Horoscope, Vedasastras, what does each house in astrology represent, zodiac house meanings
Latest posts by tamiljothidamtips (see all)
- Rahu Ketu Transit 2017 to 2019 - June 18, 2017
- Auspicious Date 2017-2018 for Chronic Disease Medical Treatment - April 18, 2017
- Auspicious Vehicle Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017