Kalachakra dasa – Vedic Astrology Lessons – Part 2
9. For those born in the first pada of Mrigasira the order of the 9 dasas will be (1) Pisces-Jupiter (2) Aquarius-Saturn (3) Capricorn-Saturn (4) Sagittarius- Jupiter (5) Scorpio-Mars (6) Libra-Venus (7) Virgo-Mercury (8) Leo-Sun and (9) Cancer-Moon.
For the 2nd pada of Mrigasira the 9 dasas will be as follow (1) Gemini- Mercury (2) Taurus-Venus (3) Aries-Mars (4) Sagittarius-Jupiter (5) Capricorn- Saturn (6) Aquarius-Saturn (7) Pisces-Jupiter (8) Aries-Mars and (9) Taurus-Venus.
For the 3rd pada of Mrigasira the 9 dasas will be in the following order— (1) Gemini-Mercury (2) Leo-Sun (3) Cancer-Moon (4) Virgo-Mercury (5) Libra- Venus (6) Scorpio-Mars (7) Pisces-Jupiter (8) Aquarius-Saturn (9) Capricorn- Saturn.
For the 4th pada of Mrigasira the order of the 9 dasas will be as follow — (1) Sagittarius-Jupiter (2) Scorpio-Mars (3) Libra-Venus (4) Virgo-Mercury (5) Leo-Sun (6) Cancer-Moon (7) Gemini-Mercury (8) Taurus-Venus and (9) Aries- Mars.
Described an order of dasas for the 4 padas of Aswini, BHarani, Rohini and Mrigasira, there are In all 27 nakshatras. For the remaining 23 nakshatras (each has four padas) the order of their dasas will be the same as for the above four nakshatras as explained below:—
(a) The order of the dasas of the four padas of Krittika. Punarvasu, Ashlesha, Hasta, Swati, Moola, Uttarashada, Poorvabhadra and Revati will be the same as for Aswini.
(b) The order of the dasas of the four padas of Pushyami, Chittra, Poorvashada, Uttarabhadra will be the same as for Bharani.
(c) The order of the dasas of the four padas of Magha, Visakha and Sravana will be the same as for Rohinl.
(d) The order of the dasas of the four padas of Aridra, Poorva-phalguni, Uttaraphalguni, Anuradha, Jyestha, Dhanishta and Shatabhisha will be the same as for Mrigasira.
10. The initial Mahadasha of a life belongs to the lord of the sign owning the nakshatra pada occupied by the Moon at the time of birth, being so much of the sign Mahadasha as corresponds to the Ghatlkas that yet remain of the nakshatra pada and the order of Mahadashas follows the natural order of the nakshatra pada reckoned from the aforesaid one. This is the opinion, say the sages, held by some
learneds in Astrology.
11. There are number of formulas each composed of a number of mnemonic syllables, refering to the several nakshatra padas beginning with the first pada of Aswini and giving signs in a certain order. It is with reference to the order of sign in these formulas that the rasi Mahadashas of which a life is to consist should be determined. The Vakyakrama, men of one school say, should be adhered to.
12. In the order of sign Vakyakrama, the function at the end of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces give rise to (1) Manduka gati, (2) Aswa or Turaga gati and (3) Simhavalokana respectively and the dasas of those intervals cause woeful effects.
13. The sub-period of any of the planets constituting a Mahadasha is thus obtained. Find out the mnemonic syllable (out of the nine syllables) composing a formula whose sub-period is wanted and find out the owner of the sign signified by that syllable. Multiply the number of years assigned to this planet by the number of years fixed for the planet whose Mahadasha is under consideration and divide the product by the total of years constituting the entire Ayus of the formula chakra. The quotient in years etc., will represent the sub-period required.
14. The total number of years indicated by the Sun of nine mnemonical syllables of any formula represent the number In years of Parama Ayus for that formula. Thus the Parama Ayus in years for the 12 Rasiamsas reckoned from Aries in an Apasavya Chakra will be 100, 85, 83, 86 repeated thrice while those for the
12 Rasiamsas reckoned from Scorpio in a Savya Chakra will be the same but in the reverse order, that is 86, 83, 85 and 100 repeated thrice.
Utpanna, Adhana and Kshema Mahadashas
15. Whatever effects have been declared by me in the case of several Mahadashas (dasas), the same should be stated by wise astrologer in the cases of these dasas also.
16. Which is the 5th nakshatra from the Janma nakshatra? The Mahadasha coming from such counting is known as Utpanna Mahadasha. Count the 8th nakshatra from the Janma nakshatra. The Mahadasha commencing from this nakshatra is known as Adhana dasa. Similarly the dasa commencing from the 4th nakshatra from the Janma nakshatra is known as Kshema dasa.
If all, these three dasas operate at the same time (year, month.etc.), that period may cause the death of the native. The third dasa for the Alpayu class, the 5th dasa for the Madhyayu class and the 7th dasa for Deerghayu class are considered as maraka dasas (death inflicting dasas).
17. The years of dasa allotted in Naisargika dasa to the various planets are as follows—The Moon 1 Year, Mars 2 Years, Mercury 9 years, Venus 20 years, Jupiter 18 years, the Sun 20 years, Saturn 50 years. According to Yavanas the Lagna dasa Is included in the 50 years of Saturn dasa. This is not accepted by others. A well placed planet in a nativity produces favourable effects while the effects of the one adversely placed will not be auspicious. The dasas play their part in the order given here according to the natural strength of the planets concerned.
18. Convert the rasi, degree and minutes into minutes. Divide that by 2400. The remainder indicates the Ayush kala. yielded by the planet. Divide these Ayuskalas by 200. The quotient will represent the number of years. Multiply the remainder by 12 and divide the product by 200. The quotient = months. The remainder should be multiplied by 30 and the product should be divided by 200. Quotient = days. This is the view of Satyacharya. If a planet is in his sign of exaltation or retrograde the years, months and days yielded by him should be trebled. If the planet be in his own navamsa, decanate or Vargottama the years, months and days yielded by him should be doubled. If the planet be in his sign of debilitation or eclipsed, the years, months and days yielded by him should be reduced to half. But this procedure of reduction of the dasa period of eclipsed planets does not apply to Venus and Saturn.
Latest posts by tamiljothidamtips (see all)
- Rahu Ketu Transit 2017 to 2019 - June 18, 2017
- Auspicious Date 2017-2018 for Chronic Disease Medical Treatment - April 18, 2017
- Auspicious Vehicle Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017