Kalachakra dasa – Vedic Astrology Lessons – Part 3
19. When malefic planets occupy the 6 houses counted backwards from the 12th, the whole, a half, a third, a fourth, a fifth and sixth respectively of their Ayurdaya is lost. When benefic planets occupy such positions, the loss is half of that incured in the case of malefic ones. When several planets are in a house, only the strongest of them causes a reduction in Ayurdaya. All planets except Mars lose
a third of their Ayurdaya when in inimical houses. The number of years contributed by the Lagna according to Satyacharya’s view corresponds to the number of navamsas that have risen. Even if the Lagna be strong or of medium strength, the same rule holds.
20. The rule of Satyacharya is prefered (to that laid down by Maya or Jeevasarman). But some make the process inconsistent and unwarantable by a series of multiplications. The dictim of Acharyas (Satya and others) is the following.
(1) When several multiplications crop up, only one that is the niftiest, to be gone through.
For instance when a planet is in his own house, and in his exaltation and in retrograde motion, the Ayurdaya is not to be doubled first and then the result trebled and the second result further trebled. According to the rule, the Ayurdaya should be trebled once for all.
(2) Again, when there are several reductions applicable, only one, that the greatest should be made.
For instance a planet may be in an inimical sign and may be eclipsed by the Sun, it is enough if the reduction by half i.e. Astangata reduction be made.
21. If the Sun and other planets are in their deep exaltation, the number Pindayurdaya Year allotted them are as follows — The Sun 19, The Moon 25, Mars 15, Mercury 12, Jupiter 15, Venus 21, and Saturn 20. All the reductions should be gone through as before. When a malefic planet is posited in the lagna, take only the degrees, minutes etc., indicating the lagna leaving out the signs. Multiply the total ayus by this and divide by 300. The whole Ayurdaya should be reduced by this result. If the lagna be aspected by a benefic, the period to be reduced will be only half of the above result. So say those well versed in Ayurdaya system.
22. In the Pindayurdaya system when Amsa (lagna navamsa) is stronger the lagna ayus (or lagna dasa) corresponds to the lagna navamsa. When lagna (sign) is strong, the number of years for lagna corresponds to the number signified by the sign etc., counted frorn Aries and not the lagna navamsa.
23. The years assigned to the several planets in verse 21 are to be adopted in full when they are in exaltation. When a planet is in his point of debilitation, the period assigned to him is reduced by half; when he occupies an intermediate position, the reduction is to be proportionate, say the wise.
24. The Pindayurdaya system is advocated as the best by Manitha, Chanakya, Maya and others. But Satyacharya has pronounced this method to be faulty and Varahamihira has also made similar pronouncement.
25. Jeevasharma lays down in according with his own doctrine that the maximum period of life given by each planet from the Sun onwards is 1/7th of the maximum aggregate period (120 years and 5 days). In this Ayurdaya also all the reductions are enjoined. The lagna Ayur should be calculated in the same way as in the other system.
26. The full period of life in the case of men has been declared as 120 years (12 x 10) by some. There are others who have stated that the full period will be the time taken by Saturn to make 3 complete revoluation (in his orbit). There is a third school according to which the full life period of man is the time taken by the Moon for making 1000 revolutions. But we are of the opinion that the full period of man’s life in this kaliyuga is only 100 years as stated in the Vedas.
27. Of the lagna. the Sun and the Moon whichever is strongest will have his dasa first. Then will come the dasa of the planet in kendra and other position. When several occupy any one these positions the preference will be given to the planet who predominates in strength. When they happen to be equal in strength, that who gives longer period, in years of Ayurdaya will have his turn first. When there is equality even in regard to the number of years of Ayurdaya of the planets, that who rises first after being eclipsed by the Sun, gets his dasa prior to others.
If such planets should, however, chance to have equal strength, equal Ayurdaya and equal rising after their conjunction with the Sun. then the planet which is anterior in the general order of precedence among the significations would rule the dasa in question, and this general order of procedure is usually taken to the (1) the lagna, (2) the Sun. (3) the Moon, (4) Mars, (5) Mercury, (6)
Jupiter, (7) Venus and (8) Saturn. And the strength of any planet for this purpose is obtained by multiplying his position by the distance of the planet from his nearest Bhava-Sahdhi and dividing the product by the distance between the Bhavamsa and one of its Sandhis.
28. Amsayurdaya is to be calculated upon the predominance in strength of the lagna. Pindayurdaya upon the Sun’s superiority in strength and Naisargikayurdaya when the Moon’s power is strongest. We shall now state what should be done when the three (lagna, the Sun and the Moon) are of equal strength.
29. Add the three Ayurdays and divide the sum by 3. The quotient will be the Ayurdaya required. If only two of them are strong, add the two Ayurdayas and take half the result. When the three planets are all weak, adopt the method advocated by Jeevasharma for finding out the Ayurdaya.
30. Kalachkra dasa system has to be resorted to only when the lord of the navamsa occupied by the Moon is strong. The dasa calculation as per nakshatra method is always considered as the best.
31. The full period of life in the case of man and elephant is given as 120 years and 5 days while in horses it is 32 years. It is 25 years in the case of asses and camels and 24 for bulls and buffaloes. Twelve years are allotted for dogs and 16 years for sheep and like.
32. This Ayus span of life has been declared by wise men with respect to only those who are engaged in the practice of various actions, who keep their senses under control, who eat wholesome diet, who are devoted to the Vedic class and the gods and who preserve the landmark of character and conduct peculiar to their high family.
Latest posts by tamiljothidamtips (see all)
- Auspicious Date 2017-2018 for Chronic Disease Medical Treatment - April 18, 2017
- Auspicious Vehicle Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017
- Auspicious Property Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017