Mahadasha and Planets Elements Connection in Vedic Astrology
Different Type of Mahadasha in Astrology
There are 5 types of dasha in Vedic astrology Mahadasha, Antar Dasha, Pratyantardasha, Sukshmadasha & Prandasha. Mahadasha is for a very long span of time, Antardasha is for short span, the time span of Pratyantardasha is less then Antardasha, Sukshmadasha remains for some weeks or months & Prandasha remains for some days or even more than one planet’s Prandasha is passed in a day. So for pinpoint prediction, we will have to do the careful analysis of Sukshmadasha and Prandasha.
Elements in Astrology
We can classify above 5 dashas into 5 elements. As we know there are 5 elements e.i. fire, earth, air, water, Ether or Akash. We assign Mahadasha, Antardasha, Pratyantardasha, Sukshmadasha & Prandasha to each element respectively. We also know about elements of each planets Sun & Mars are a fiery element, Moon & Venus are watery elements, Mercury is an earthy element, Saturn (Saturn Transit 2017 to 2020 report), Rahu & Ketu (Rahu-Ketu Transit Effect 2016 to 2018 report) are an airy element and at last Jupiter is Ether(Akash) element.
Elements Friendship in Astrology
Now we should also have a look friendship between elements.
- Fire element has the friendship with air & Akash elements, and it doesn’t support water & earth elements (because both are enemies of fire element).
- Earth element has the friendship with air, water & Akash elements, and it doesn’t support fire element.
- Air element has the friendship with fire, earth & Akash elements, and it doesn’t support water (because both are enemies of air element).
- Water element has the friendship with earth & Akash elements, and it doesn’t support fire & air elements (because water is the enemy of fire & air elements).
- Akash element has the friendship with all elements because Akash element has all four elements inside it.
Connection between Mahadasha and Planet Elements
Now we will combine Mahadasha & planet’s elements to each other’s. If running Mahadasha is of the fiery element it would be good and it will give quick results but if Mahadasha is the earth element, native will get it results gradually but steady. The reason behind it is because earth takes time to get warm, after getting heat its warmness remains for a long time. Air & Akash elements planets give good results in its Mahadasha because they are the friend of the fire element. But Water element will not give good results during its Mahadasha. We should apply this principle in all dashas (Mahadasha, Antardasha, Pratyantardasha, Sukshmadasha & Prandasha). If we get friendly planets and elements, then we will get good results. We can do pinpoint prediction of any event of life using this technic. (Rasi Palangal 2017