No method of astrology has received so much attention as Nadi System. As always happens, any miracle is always copied and thronged by frauds. Following is popular notion about Nadi Jyotish
What is Nadi Astrology?
An ancient form of astrology practiced in southern India, Nadi Astrology is based on the belief that the past, present and the future lives of all humans were foreseen and recorded on palm leaves by Hindu sages in ancient time.
A very ancient form of astrology, whose origins began in Southern India, Nadi Astrology is based on an old-age belief that the one can decipher the past, present and future of all humans through the text written on palm leaves. It is a popularly believed that the great Hindu sages of the yore foresaw the past, present, and future of all humans and hence, recorded these on tree barks and palm leaves.
Nadi Astrology is practiced in the Tamil Nadu region as well as Kerala and other adjacent areas in South India. Simply put, it is an ancient method of recording data. Over the ages, people have come to believe that a thousand years ago, great Indian sages were granted a boon – to look into every human being’s past, present and future lives. They had to power to look into the lives of people were not only dead, living but also those who were yet to be born!
These sages then recorded these visions, i.e. data onto palm leaves in Tamil script. Today, these can be deciphered or read by Nadi astrologers or experts who have studied this branch of astrology. The term ‘Nadi’ in Tamil means ‘in search of’. Therefore, the existence of Nadi astrology indicates that every human being is in search of his past and future. According to legends, these scriptures on palm leaves are scattered across different parts of India and some of them were first found in Tamil Nadu.
It is widely believed that these pal scriptures, holding secrets to past and present were classified a thousand years ago during the Chola reign in South India. The Nadis are named after the rishis and sages who originally recorded these findings. They are Suka Nadi, Kaushika Nadi, Brahma Nadi and Agasthiya Nadi. These Nadis are not easy to read as they are written in ancient Tamil and are in poetry form, i.e. in sonnets and couplets. Only expert linguists who have studied this form of astrology over many years can read them.
Nadi Astrology is one of the oldest forms of astrology originating in India and in the recent past, it has attained a lot of popularity. However, due to its popularity and lack of clarity among people about its nature, a lot of fraudulent knowledge and frauds pretending to be experts are doing the rounds.
Here are a few truths about Nadi Astrology that you must know –
1. Nadi Astrology originates from Souther India and several leaves were found to be preserved in the Saraswati Mahal Library in Tanjore, Tamil Nadu. Many Brahmin astrology communities are known to possess these leaves as well. Some of these bundles are ‘exported’ to cities in other parts of India like Delhi, Mumbai, etc on a temporary, rotating basis. Most original Nadi centers are in remote rural interiors of Tamil Nadu where Hindi or even English is understood very little and access is difficult for common people, etc.
2. Nadi Astrology gives details of one’s past very correctly including personal details but is inaccurate about future. This is because complete future is known to God alone! No branch of astrology can foretell future that is 100% correct. Therefore, expecting this is foolish. Rishis who wrote on the Nadi leaves were known have had visions about a person in detail ‘till that person approaches a Nadi leaf reader and gets his past, present decoded’. Future life of that person was written broadly and in an advisory capacity. Remedies (called Parihar) to offset/minimize evils are given more importance. These rishis wanted that when a person gets his leaf read, gets his future brief and then performs remedies.
3. Chances of locating ‘your’ leaf are 10%. Yes. For a customer who wants to get his future read, this answer is probably 10-15% as one Nadi center cannot keep lakhs of prints. However, we have an-India network with most genuine Nadi centers and chances of locating your leaf are probably 70-80%.
Latest posts by Pt Shakti Shiromani Shukla (see all)
- Jupiter Transit in Libra 2017 Prediction by Pt Shakti Shiromani Shukla - August 10, 2017
- Mahadasha and Planets Elements Connection in Vedic Astrology - April 13, 2017
- Remedies in Vedic Astrology - March 30, 2017