Rahu Ketu Transit Effect for 2016 to 2018
Rahu Ketu Transit Effect for 2016
Rahu Ketu Transit Effect as per Tirukanitha Panjang Rahu – Ketu transit would happen on 30th January 2016 Saturday, at 07-01 IST. Rahu will enter Leo (Simha Rasi) and Ketu will enter Aquarius (Kumbha Rasi).
As per Vaakya Panjang Rahu Ketu peyarchi would happen on 9th January 2016 Saturday, at 11-20 IST.
This Rahu Ketu transit will affect each sign in a different manner. Here we will look how this Rahu Ketu peyarchi impact on various Rasi.
Rahu is the ascending node of the moon and it afflicts the Moon more than any other planet.
- Rahu points to the direction of spiritual growth for an individual and wherever he is placed in a chart there will be a tendency to indulgence or obsession. In many ways, the path that Rahu indicates is designed to lead the individual to self-destruction. It is said that Rahu gives and Ketu takes away but to be more accurate Rahu gives in the same manner that a drug dealer “gives’ since what he gives is designed to hook into you and become a need which leads toward one’s own downfall.
- Rahu is especially associated with the sense of emptiness that must be fed regardless of the problems it causes. This is the emptiness of the addict, the workaholic or the serial killer.
- Rahu has a very strong affiliation with the air. Airplanes, aviation, pilots, and space travel all fall under his influence. Rahu can involve one in areas of life considered somewhat taboo by conventional society such as astrology, metaphysics, occultism, witchcraft, cults, skin diseases, executions, and epidemics. Rahu also has a tendency to drive one toward areas where deception and the hidden aspect of something play a large role such as politics, revolutions, drugs, secret societies, mysteries, inventions, scientists, deceit, affairs and taboo sexual appetites.
- Snakes encountered in dreams or in life are often thought to be manifestations of Rahu.
- Rahu has a special affiliation with Garlic, which is said to have sprung from the ground where his blood fell.
- The Seagull or Gull is known to be an aspect of Rahu
Rahu is the signification of the following as per Uttara Kalamrita.
- Faulty Logic
- Harsh speech
- An irreligious person
- Going to a foreign country
- Abdominal ulcers
- South western direction
- Old age
- Maternal grandfather
- Worship of Vana Durga
- Writing Urdu or Persian (Because these two languages start from the right-hand side, written in reversed manner, like Rahu and Ketu’s movement in Zodiac, which is retrograde or Apsavya move.
- Acute duodenal pain.
It is observed the right-hand Rahu is good for the above mentioned significations and weak Rahu shows just the opposite.
Other Considerations -Rahu:
Rahu is considered to be Swagruhi (in its own House) when it is in Virgo. It is exalted when placed in Taurus while it is debilitated when in Scorpio. However, there are divergent views on this. Some authorities take the Exaltation and Debilitation points as Gemini and Sagittarius respectively. It is said that Rahu gives Yogkaraka result if it is in Cancer. However, it has to be noted that being a Shadow planet (Chhaya Grah) it gives results based on other planetary influences. It is generally observed that with a benefic or in benefic influence it gives very good result. It is generally considered as a good planet for worldly comforts. However, Rahu also signifies delusions and vanity. In modern times Rahu represents Computers, Internet and Mass Media.
However, it has to be noted that being a Shadow planet (Chhaya Grah) it gives results based on other planetary influences. It is generally observed that with a benefit or in the benefic influence it gives very good result. It is generally considered as a good planet for worldly comforts. However, Rahu also signifies delusions and vanity. In modern times Rahu represents Computers, the Internet, and Mass Media.
Rahu is friendly to Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. It considers Sun and Moon as its enemies and towards Mercury it is Neutral.
Rahu Other Names:
Tamas, Rahu, Asura, Swarbhanu, Vidhuntuda, Pata, Sainhikeya, Bhujanga and Ahi. The common term is Rahu.
Rahu represents indulgence and expansion to the point of fault. Smoke, mental illness (over expanded consciousness), losses, theft, death of family members, and air disasters are other negative aspects.
Rahu does have a positive influence on gambling or speculation, which takes place in activities like investing in the Stock Market. Another positive aspect is his ability to heal diseases. Foreigners and sudden changes also fall under the area of Rahu.
- The Goddess Durga is often associated with Rahu and on occasion her dark counterpart Kali. The Nagas are always a manifestation of Rahu and sometimes snakes in general are considered the same. One could make a good case for Medusa of Greek mythology to be another manifestation of Rahu.
- The direction Southwest is given to the ruler ship of Rahu.
- The age of 42 is considered to be the time in which Rahu comes to full fruition.
- Rahu owns no particular sign. However, he is considered exalted in Taurus (which also has a tendency to overindulge) and his fall is in Scorpio.
- Rahu is malefic as a whole though he does bring about the tendency of being “lucky”.
- The color black is associated with Rahu as well as the color “smoke”. His metal is Lead, like Ketu.
- The wind or air is considered the element of Rahu.
- Rahu has a Vatta constitution in Ayurveda.
Areas of effect to look for changes:
Accidents, afflictions, cosmic law, rebirth, air disasters, cheating, corruption, drug addiction, destiny or fate, consumption, insects, poison, deceit, power hungry, widowhood, inevitability, karma, aloneness, fear, things or people foreign, apathy, hard times, intense pain, snakes, radical changes, luck, wealth through inheritance, corruption, madness, schizophrenia, delusions
- Ketu is the descending node of the moon through the eyes of Indian Astrology. Ketu is known to afflict the Sun more so than any other planet. This is in contrast to Rahu, which is associated with the Moon.
- Ketu is also associated with comets and like its associate Rahu it is known to be exceedingly cruel and malefic. Though interpreting Ketu is somewhat difficult the basic theme seems to be release and transformation. More specifically Ketu points to the past life karma of an individual through its placement in the chart.
- Ketu brings about spiritual enlightenment. Unfortunately it does through the placement of problems, pain and roadblocks, which are meant to help us in our spiritual growth. Ketu has a tendency to behave like Mars and as a result fire and accidents are also associated with Ketu.
- Special note should be made of the Ketu dasha cycle. The dasha of Ketu lasts seven years and it is common knowledge in Vedic astrology that Ketu always has a “sting” in its tail. This means that somehow the end of a Ketu dasha cycle will be potentially problematic or troublesome.
- Ketu and Rahu have the same affiliations for animals which are the following: snakes, camels, the ass, wolves, rodents, mosquitoes, scorpions and any other animal that utilizes poison in its defense. No food is associated with Ketu or Rahu.
- Ketu is especially affiliated with the owl.
Astrological Significance- Ketu
Ketu is the signification of the following as per Uttara Kalamrita
- Worship of Chandi, Ganesh, and others
- Medical practitioner
- Final emancipation
- Painful fevers
- Bath in the Ganges
- Great penance
- Wind complaints
- Mantra Shastra
- Instability of mind
- Diseases of the stomach and eye
- Smallpox or boils
- A servant of Shiva
- Association with foreigner or Shudras.
It is observed that a strong Ketu generally gives good result and a malefic Ketu creates lots of hindrances in life.
Other Considerations –Ketu:
Ketu is exalted in Scorpio and debilitated when in Taurus. However, some astrologers have given the Exaltation and Debilitation points as Sagittarius and Gemini respectively. It has to be said that Ketu is more towards spiritual side and is the Karaka for final emancipation whereas Rahu is more towards worldly pleasures. Again it has to be said that being a Shadow planet (Chhaya graha) Ketu gives results according to associations with other planets in a Kundali.
However, in spite of having number of ancient texts extensively dealing with various signs of exaltation and debilitation of Rahu and Ketu there occurs significant amount of controversy over the same.
Ketu is friendly to Mars, Venus and Saturn. It considers Sun and Moon as his enemies and towards Mercury and Jupiter it is Neutral
Ketu Other Names:
Ketu, Sikhin, Dhvaja, Dhum, Mrityu Putr and Anala. The common term is Ketu.
In Indian Astrology Ketu is associated with broken relationships, changing events and accidents. Electronics have also been placed under his influence in the modern era.
Other noted areas under his influence are ascetics, renunciation, assassinations, cats, clairvoyance, contemplation, desire for knowledge, deep thinking, imprisonment (like Saturn), poison, intrigues, magical powers, poverty and mysticism.
- Ketu is associated with the god Brahma and Chitra Gupta. Another popular affiliation is Ganesha, which seems more intuitive considering he is known as the “remover of obstacles”.
- Ketu has an unusual association in terms of direction. He is most often noted to be the “center” which is really no direction at all.
- Ketu is associated with the 48th year of life.
- Ketu has no sign, which it rules but it is considered exalted in Scorpio and fallen in Taurus.
- Ketu is extremely malefic though the affliction it gives brings about enlightenment and spiritual growth.
- Ketu has special affiliation with the Nakshatra Abhijit.
- Ketu is variegated in color and associated with the metal Lead. Turquoise and Cats eye are associated with Ketu.
- Earth is considered the element of Ketu.
- Ayurveda medicine ascribes a Vatta constitution to Ketu.
Areas of effect to look for changes:
Renunciation, enlightenment, spiritual authority, ascetics, clairvoyance, dissatisfactions, separations, breaks, helplessness, negative habits, liberation, artistic tastes, bankruptcy, sudden windfalls, lower classes of society, things strange or foreign, cheating, cataclysm, comets, smoking, philosophers, assassins, mental illness.
Read about Rahu Ketu Transit Effect 2016