- A sanyasi ought to be learned and someone with a sound logic, deeply philosophical and someone with clear and uncluttered thinking.
- Not necessarily deeply religious, but someone seeking truth
- Detached from family, society and worldly pleasures
Saturn is the major significator of renunciation.Detachment is caused by malefic influence of Sun, Rahu, Saturn and 12th house lord. Such an influence is required on 2nd (family) and 7th house (spouse). Influence on 2nd is much more important as an influence on 7th alone will cause separation from spouse, thus resulting in a divorce.Separating influence is required on 4th house (society) and 12th house (worldly pleasures). These influence are a must from the Moon as well – especially the influence of Saturn on the Moon is required should be analyzed very carefully.
- If the Sun be the strongest planet the person of high morals and intallectual prowess will choose severe and difficult practices in remote places .
- If it be the Moon, then in seclusion more in the study of scriptures.
- If it be Mercury, one who is easily influenced by philosophy of others
- If it be Mars, one who chooses to wear red-coloured clothes and who struggles to control his temper
- If it be Jupiter, one who has complete control over his senses and sense – organs
- If it be Venus, a wandering mendicant.
- If the strongest planet be Saturn it makes one adopt exceedingly severe practices.
- If ascendant,Jupiter and Moon is aspected by Saturn and Jupiter occupies 9th house and if the native possess a Rajayoga , he will become a sanyasi and spends his life visiting shrines and other holy places.The native can’t enjoy the Rajayoga just like Sree Budha.
- If Saturn occupies 9th house and is not aspected by any planet,
- When lord of 10th house is in kendra or trikona to the house occupied by 4 or more planets
- Saturn aspect a weak ascendant indicates sanyas –yoga
- Saturn posited in 10th house from ascendant / Moon and related to Sun by association / aspect / quadrant relationship, indicates sanyas- yoga.
- Moon in 9th house without having aspect of any planet, indicates sanyas.
- Moon sign is aspected by the lord of ascendant and Saturn.
- Ascendant is aspected by many planets being placed in a same sign.
- Lord of 10th house combined with 4 planets in quadrant / trine.
- Lord of 9th is strong and being placed in 5th or 9th house and aspected / associated with
Jupiter and Venus, indicates a great sanyasi.
- Saturn is posited in 10th in Pisces sign, indication of detachment from the world.
- Saturn and lord of ascendant aspect Moon sign indicate renunciation.
- If Saturn is placed in 5th/9th or aspects these houses, and any four or more planets
are in a house and one of these planets is the lord of the 10th house, is the sure
combination for sanyas.