What is Manglik Dosha or Kuja Dosha – Vedic Astrology Lessons
What is Kuja Dosha / Manglik DoshaI have been asked to clarify many misconceptions about ‘Kuja Dosha’ or ‘Manglik’ in a horoscope. Kuja, Angaraka and Mangala are some of the names for Mars and Mars effect being posited in certain houses of horoscope causes Kuja / Angaraka / Mangala Dosha. All over India, astrologers check this Dosha while matching horoscopes for marriage purposes. Especially in North India, they give lot of importance for ‘Manglik’ and many girls remain unmarried for not getting a suitable match. Mars is ranked as a malefic and being of Martian nature is associated with aggression and thereby can cause some destruction to the house he is posited in. While this is generally true, it cannot be accepted as bad across the board since Mars can be Yogakaraka for certain Lagnas and therefore it is unwise to assume that he will do harm to all people. The Classical texts state the following regarding Kuja Dosha.
- Mars posited in 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 & 12 reckoned from Lagna causes Kuja Dosha
- They also state that these positions be examined reckoned from Moon and Venus.
- Intensity of Dosha when reckoned from Moon and Venus are equal
- Intensity of Dosha when reckoned from Lagna is twice that from Moon and Venus.
- For Males, Mars in 2, 7 & 8 and for Females Mars in 4, 8 & 12, the Dosha is maximum
- Dosha for the boy should be greater than the girl.
- For Cancer and Leo Lagna, Mars is Yogakaraka and hence there is no Kuja Dosha.
- For Gemini and Virgo Lagna it is 100% Dosha
- For Taurus and Libra Lagna it is 100% Dosha
- For Sagittarius and Pisces Lagna it is 50% Dosha
- For Capricorn and Aquarius Lagna it is 75% Dosha
- For Aries and Scorpio Lagna it is 25% Dosha
Latest posts by tamiljothidamtips (see all)
- Auspicious Date 2017-2018 for Chronic Disease Medical Treatment - April 18, 2017
- Auspicious Vehicle Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017
- Auspicious Property Purchase Dates 2018 – Panchang - April 11, 2017